Single cylinder wings, often referred to as donuts, are oval shaped air cells or bladders that are not permanently attached to a harness. While single cylinder wings have their origins in the realm of technical diving, they are becoming very popular in the recreational community. Not only are these single cylinder wings streamlined, but due to their shape being a continuous loop, they are very stable underwater. There is no
dramatic shift of air from left to right.
Apeks single cylinder wings are a smart design that allows a cylinder to nest deep inside them. These wings mate up nicely to the rest of the Apeks WTX collection of high quality harnesses, plates and accessories. They can be configured in multiple ways to match the type of diving that you do. As with the rest of the WTX collection, these single cylinder wings are built from the finest quality materials. They are designed by Apeks and built in our own factory.
WTX-D30 System Package includes:
- Apeks WTX-D30 Wing
- Apeks Deluxe Web Harness
- Apeks WTX Stainless Steel Backplate
- 2 x Apeks Book Screws
- 2 x Apeks GripLock Tank Bands
1. WTX-D 30 Wing
- 1000D Armorshield Cordura exterior
- Inner air cell: 22mil (.022) thick black urethane
- Zipper: heavy duty YKK #10 plastic zip and slide
- The 30lb and 40lb wings are able to accept an optional Retractor Kit.
- Lift Capacity (lbs/N) – 30 lbs
- K style with brass buttons
- Low profile 16″ oval-shaped hose
- Safety cable to prevent hyper-extension
- Positioned off-center so as not to interfere with regulator 1st stage
- Dump Valve
- Low profile flat valve
- Positioned in front, lower-left side
- Tank Stabilizer Bars
- 2 large drain grommets
- Center mesh drain panel
2. Deluxe Webbed Harness
This simple, yet strong, harness can take the load of a fully rigged technical diver and can be easily customised with the hardware of your choice.
- 12ft. of solid 2” (5cm) webbing with center grommet.
- 2” (5cm) wide crotch strap.
- 6 stainless 2” (5cm) D-rings.
- Includes neoprene shoulder protectors.
- 2 elastic retaining loops on shoulders and one on crotch strap.
- Heavy duty stainless waist buckle.
- 6 stainless steel serrated retainers.
3. WTX Stainless Steel Back Plate
The backbone of any system – this cleverly designed back plate can be used with the Apeks Deluxe One-piece Webbed Harness, or inserted directly into the WTX Harness. It is available Stainless Steel.
- 304 Stainless Steel, weighs 4.7 lbs (2.15 kg)
- 4 each upper and lower slots accommodate nylon cylinder bands so a single cylinder can be strapped directly to the plate. Having a series of 4 slots provides lateral stability of the cylinder that traditional 2 slot plates cannot.
- 3 holes at the top of the plate offer a range of height adjustments for the buoyancy cells and the cylinders. In addition, a corresponding lower centre slot allows for lower band bolts that are misaligned.
- 2” wide crotch strap slot.
- Upper and lower perimeter holes along either side and holes along the bottom allow for the mounting of accessories.
- Both offer an electro-plate finish and a laser-etched Apeks logoto enhance the look of the plate.
- Apeks logo to enhance the look of the plate
4. Stainless Steel Book Screws
- Used to attach a wing to a back plate
- 3/4″ length.
- These versatile screws are also smart to carry in your save-a-dive kit
5. GripLock™ Tank Bands (x 2)
The GripLock™ tank band assembly is the easy and safe solution for securing a cylinder to a BC. With its pat pend Finger-Saver feature and macro presets, it solves many of the common problems associated with metal cam buckles.
- Innovative Finger-Saver feature (pat. pend.) makes the GripLock™ safe by eliminating painful, pinched fingers.
- The macro-adjustment is set just once until you change to a cylinder with a different diameter. Three presets cover the various diameter cylinders in the field today.
- The micro-adjustment can be used for fine-tuning the fit after the band is on the cylinder. Hint: If you line up the inside edges of the hook n loop on the micro adjustment side of the tank band, it will be perfectly set for an Al80 cylinder.
- Rubber traction pad on the backside of the GripLock™ provides added security
Optional SureLock II Weight System
Warranty: Limited Lifetime