WDS Deluxe Marker is an ALL-IN-ONE ready to use Surface Marker Buoy Set
The Buoy measures 69″ (175 cm) in height and 6″ (15.5 cm) in width, provides 20 lbs (9 kg) of lift and has a stainless steel attachment ring for the Webbing Deployment System (WDS).
- WDS – Webbing Deployment System
- Orange-Yellow Surface Marker Buoy
- Indestructible Stainless Steel Signal Mirror
- BCD attachable Carry Pouch
Recommended deployment from your Safety Stop: Sport Diving / Recreational Diving
- The WDS eliminates the need to carry a dedicated reel or spool.
- The Open – Ended Buoy has the advantage that it is more compact than Self-Sealing Buoys and can emptied quickly at the end of the dive for stowage.
- Carry Pouch can be used for external BCD attachment. Compact enough to take on every dive.
- The SOLAS Reflective Tape reflects light by day and night.
- Stainless Steel Rescue Mirror to attract attention of boats and aircraft in stranded diver situations.
- Made from durable 210D Nylon with welded seams and stitched edge tape to prevent fraying.
Color: Orange-Yellow. With both an orange and a yellow panel this is by far the most visible combo for the recreational diver. The orange panel is more visible in bright sunlight and significant glare. While the yellow panel will prove its worth as light deteriorates or the clouds move in
THE WDS5.5 WEBBING DEPLOYMENT SYSTEM
Making it safer and simpler to deploy your Safety Sausage or Delayed Surface Marker Buoy from your safety stop.* The WDS is made from strong nylon red-white webbing and comes equipped with a Marine Grade Brass Snap Hook for attachment to the Surface Buoy and a stainless steel ring for diver deployment. The WDS is also equipped with a deployment retainer that makes deployment of the buoy simple and tangle free.
Easy deployment from safety stop: Unfurls automatically when deployed.
Much easier to hold and handle than cord
Safe: No free floating string to get tangled in
Maintenance Free: No moving parts or knobs to adjust
Compact: Can be stowed by rolling it into the buoy
Effortless gathering upon ascent – The WDS5.5 is ready for the next dive
* The WDS comes with deployment instructions making it easy to understand proper procedures and uses.
How to use the Webbing Deployment System WDS
Purging a regulator into the open end and the WDS will automatically deploy and pulled out of the retainer loop by loop. The WDS 5.5 greatly reduces the risk of entanglement normally faced with free-floating string or cord. Watch the video below.