The Aquilon snorkel uses the same mouthpiece found on Aqua Lung’s high end regulators. This comfortable mouthpiece provides support across your palate so you don’t need to clench it. The result is a more comfortable and less jaw fatiguing experience when using the snorkel.
- Traditional Snorkel Design – The Aquilon Non-Purge is an upgraded version of a traditional J-Shape snorkel. It’s simple, light and gets the job done.
- Splash Guard – The splash guard at the peak of the air tube deflects water away from the tube when you’re swimming at the surface. A down facing outlet on the front of the guard causes water that gets in through the air vent to escape rather than travel down the tube.
- Dry Side Chamber – The Aquilon features a dry side chamber. This chamber helps to keep your air supply free from seawater. Any liquid that<em> does</em> get in is captured by a water trap at the bottom of the mouthpiece so you can easily clear the snorkel.
- Comfo-Bite Mouthpiece. – Aqua lung have used the same Comfobite™ mouthpiece seen on their high end regulators for a comfortable snorkel. It features a silicone bridge that sits on the palate of your mouth. This provides support for the mouthpiece to ensure a comfortable, drag-free fit that significantly reduces jaw fatigue.
- Rigid Upper-Tube – Get maximum airflow through the rigid upper air tube for clear, comfortable breathing.
- D-Shape Tube – Unlike cylindrical tubes, the D shape tube of the Aquilon allows it to sit more comfortably against your mask or face.
- Adjustable Mask Clip – Easily attach the Aquilon snorkel to your mask with its adjustable fix clip.
Who is the Aqua Lung Aquilon (Non-Purge) Snorkel for?
If you’re on a budget but still want a well-made snorkel from a reputable brand the Aquilon will suit you. Its simple J-Shape design has been around since the beginning of snorkeling, while the added guard at the top helps keep water out of the system which is ideal for anyone whether you’re just getting into the sport or more experienced.