The Apeks XL4+ is a compact lightweight regulator suitable for diving in all environments including cold water locations. Its design and low weight help reduce jaw fatigue on long dives. The XL4+ also makes an ideal stage regulator, perfect for the technical exploration diver with a large amount of equipment. The XL4+ regulator is a high-performance option for those technical divers serious about weight savings.
- Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap?and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the?first stage, resulting in improved cold water performance.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design ? as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Compact and lightweight?second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
- UV inhibitors to help prevent discoloration of the white materials.
|Connections||Yoke / INT|
|Type of first stage||Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed|
|Body Type||One piece forged body|
|Number of HP ports||2?(7/16″ UNF)|
|Number of MP ports||4 (3/8″ UNF)|
|Weight||1041g (2.3 lb)|
|Environmental Dry Kit||Standard|
|First stage exterior||Satin|
|Type of second stage||Pneumatically balanced|
|Opening Effort Control Knob||No|
|Integrated Venturi Lever||Yes|
|Exhaust tee||Standard, one set|
|Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance||Yes|
|Hose type||Braided Flexi-hose|
|Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores||Avg. 0.90 joules/liter|
|Nitrox compatible||Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box / Can be O2 cleaned to 100%.|