- Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the first stage, resulting in improved cold water performance.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
- UV inhibitors to help prevent discoloration of the white materials.
|Yoke / INT
|Type of first stage
|Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
|One piece forged body
|Number of HP ports
|Number of MP ports
|4 (3/8″ UNF)
|1041g (2.3 lb)
|Environmental Dry Kit
|First stage exterior
|Type of second stage
|Opening Effort Control Knob
|Integrated Venturi Lever
|Standard, one set
|Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance
|Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores
|Avg. 0.90 joules/liter
|Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box / Can be O2 cleaned to 100%.