Featuring the same freeze-resistant technology enjoyed by the whole MTX-R range, the MTX-RC resists freeflows in even the coldest temperatures, while offering the user the additional flexibility to dial it out for a comfortable breathe in less extreme environments.
All this is achieved using an innovative first stage design that protects the regulator from freezing and a full set of user controls on the second stage to adjust the breathing performance based on the diver’s individual needs.
The package includes:
- 2 x MTX-RC Primary Second Stages
- 1 x MTX-RC DIN First Stage
- 1x 2.1m hose
- 1x 49cm hose (both double swivel hoses)
- 1x HP hose and a TEK SPG
- 1x MTX-RC Bag
• Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap & environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in
extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
• Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the overbalancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a
faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
• Compact environmentally dry sealed diaphragm system completely eliminating the maintenance issues associated with silicone, oil or grease filling.
• Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel or over-moulded yoke hand-wheel, only requires one hand to release.
• DIN 300bar First Stage.
• 5 x 3/8” UNF (Unified National Fine) medium pressure ports
• 2 x 7/16” UNF high pressure ports.
• The 5th 3/8” UNF medium pressure port includes a protective bumper when not in use.
• Forged first stage body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
• Angled HP ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
• Forged rotating turret with medium pressure ports in a parallel direction for improved hose orientation.
• Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
• Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
• Tested for Octopus use – EN250A to 60 meters cold water.
• Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O2 outside the EU*
*(M26 Connection for > 21% O2 is mandatory within the EU )
• High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
• Ergonomic and simple to use venturi lever.
• Oversize breathing effort adjuster makes adjustment easy in cold water whilst wearing gloves.
• Large, diver friendly self-flushing controllable purge button.
• Front cover with over-moulded elastomer incorporates a formed chrome plated brass plate improving durability of the second stage.
• Large protective elastomer bumpers on the side and on the top to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
• Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration.
• A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
• Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
• Comfo-bite mouthpiece
• Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.