- Wrapture Harness System (pat. pend.) – Using patented swivel shoulder buckles and a proprietary, ultra-thin back plate, the Wrapture provides unsurpassed comfort and stability. Wrapture prevents the BC from ‘riding-up’ on the surface. Out of the water, the Wrapture keeps the cylinder close to your centre of gravity and transfers the weight to your hips. The result is the ability to stand up straight with a cylinder that is perfectly vertical.
- Because of the multiple size settings at the top of the shoulders, as well as either side of the waistband, a custom fit can be achieved through any one of 3 sizes.
- SureLock II Mechanical Weight Release System (patented) provides a safe, single-pull release. Inserting weight is as simple as insert and ‘click’. With SureLock, your weights are secure in the BC. Once engaged, the only way to release the weight is to pull on the handle.
- Dual channel weight pockets in front along with non-ditchable weight pockets in back mean that all sizes can hold up to 42 lbs. (19kg)
- The Black Ice can be rigged for twin cylinders using the optional twin cylinder kit.
- There are 4 dump valves in all, one in each corner. 3 are proprietary flat valves are very streamlined and effective. The dump valve on the upper left is the rapid exhaust valve found at the top of the Powerline inflator.
- The Powerline inflator assembly boasts one of the fastest inflation rates in the industry. This environmentally sealed unit has integrated clips to keep the LP inflator hose tucked in securely.
- The air cell has several pass-throughs that allow easy air transfer from left to right.
- A dual bladder retraction system is used to pull in the sides of the bladder during deflation. This keeps unit streamlined and reduces drag.
- The air cell is constructed of rugged 840 denier nylon.
- The adjustable chest strap can be raised or lowered. This not only ensures a good fit but also keeps the strap from running across top of a drysuit valve.
- The left pocket is a fold down design with deep capacity, perfect for an extra mask.
- The right pocket is a large utility pocket secured with a robust zipper.
- Knife attachment points are found on the left pocket flap which will accommodate many of the Aqua Lung Squeeze Lock knives. This location provides easy access to the knife.
- Features five large, angled, stainless steel D-rings for all of your accessories.
- Right shoulder pull dump provides an additional dumping option.
- Rolled neck collar for comfort.
|Style||Weight-integrated Back Inflation|
|Sizes available||SM/MD & ML/LG|
|Dump valves||Flat valves (3)|
|Weight System||SureLock II|
|# of D-rings||5 large, angled, stainless|
|Pockets||1 large fold-down, 1 zippered|
|Ditchable weight||All sizes 32lb/14.5kg|
|Non-ditchable weight||10 lb/4.5kg|
|Lift Capacity (lbs/N)||SM/MD – 52/230|
|ML/LG – 52/230|
|XL/XXL – 52/230|
Sizes: SM/MD & ML/LG